Steering Scanner self detects

• December 3, 2018 at 22:22 #24145
    EatMyTime
    Participant

When I list the game objects a unit is scanning with the steering scanner component, it lists the unit that is doing the scanning, once for every collider i think. What is the most likely reason this is happening, is it intended, how can i prevent it? Would this be the main reason Unit Avoidance is not working?

December 4, 2018 at 01:38 #24147
    EatMyTime
    Participant

oottii actor controller was adding unity colliders, setting it to not add colliders fixes the problem but now must manually add a collider or Steering scanner won’t work.

So follow up question(s):

Why does Apex steer detect colliders added to a unit at runtime as belonging to a different unit?
    Does it cache all the colliders of all units?
    If so:
    When does it do that?
    Can I manually update this cache? If not, how are instantiated prefabs added to the cache, if it exists?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by EatMyTime.
    December 4, 2018 at 02:24 #24150
    EatMyTime
    Participant

line 123 SteeringScanner

line 136

So the unit facade only returns 1 of the colliders that are attached to it. This is where problems will arise if a unit has multiple colliders.

December 4, 2018 at 11:00 #24156
    Geminior
    Keymaster

Well the problem is with multiple colliders in the Units layer. Simply ensure that only one, typically the outmost shape defining collider, is in the Units layer.

December 4, 2018 at 17:02 #24159
    EatMyTime
    Participant

Thanks for replying Geminor, much appreciated! I figured that would be the way to go, but probably should have stated so the next person knows as well.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.