Scorers, Actions not selectable in UAI editor after assembly change

• September 17, 2018 at 22:15 #23819
    Henry
    Participant

Hey Apex folks, we recently added assembly definitions to our project to try and speed up compile times, and it seems to have created some issues with Apex editor functionality. To summarize what’s been done so far:

1. We made asmdefs for our project – all of Apex was included in the same assembly as game code due to modifications to the source code referencing game components explicitly.

2. After this, when clicking ‘Load’ in the UAI editor, none of the previously created AIs popped up. To fix this, I manually went into the .asset files for the AIs and replaced the assembly names. This seems to have fixed the problem, and I can view and (partially) edit AIs.

However, now if I want to add scorers or actions, the menu that pops up is completely blank, despite the actions/scorers that used to appear here still functioning with the AIs. Here are screenshots illustrating this:

Scorer menu

Action menu

Do you know how I could potentially fix this issue? I can’t make or significantly alter any AI until this is resolved.

Thank you!

September 18, 2018 at 10:49 #23823
    Geminior
    Keymaster

The framework only looks for AI types in assemblies marked as relevant to the AI.
    You do this simply by adding a cs file (e.g. AssemblyInfo) to the folders that define the assemblies, i.e. the same folder that holds the asmdef for each assembly.

Add the following ling to the file:

[assembly: Apex.ApexRelevantAssembly]

Also remember there is a repair tool which allows you to remap AI entities in case of rename, etc. Of course for that to work the above must be in place first.

September 18, 2018 at 20:19 #23827
    Henry
    Participant

Great, thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.