Pathfinding units' height arbitrarily uses collider

• May 16, 2018 at 21:37 #23260
    EmanTs
    Participant

My path finding units units are never standing at the height off the ground that I want. I set their colliders up perfectly to go just below their feet, but then they end up in the ground up to their ankles.
    See: https://imgur.com/AqFVfpQ
    If I increase the height of the collider, they eventually stand at their feet, but this only happens when the collider is well below their feet by a full unit or two. How can I reliably set the height of the units without overstretching their colliders?

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by EmanTs.
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by EmanTs.
    May 19, 2018 at 11:23 #23272
    Geminior
    Keymaster

The UnitComponent will calculate the touch point with the ground based on collider type, and I can’t come up with any reason it should not work.

You can find the logic driving this on the UnitComponent, in the RecalculateBasePosition method specifically.

I would suggest however that you duplicate one of the units that are causing issues, then strip it of Apex Components and reapply them using a quick start. If that works, the cause must be with the configuration of Apex Components on the failing unit, if not, it must be caused by some other logic.

Are you running without a rigidbody or with a kinematic rigidbody, where the collider ends up embedded in the ground, or is the collider repositioned such that it no longer encapsulates the unit?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.