Load Balancer

• March 19, 2018 at 20:56 #22937
    ariklmr
    Participant

Hi,
    Where can i find the documentation, or can you tell me how to configure the Load Balancer exactly to use as less as possible?
    What every field there means.

Thanks

March 20, 2018 at 09:36 #22948
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Ariklmr,

Thanks for posting.

We have two videos on the load balancer: basic and advanced.

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by:

can you tell me how to configure the Load Balancer exactly to use as less as possible?

Do you mean how to configure it to use as little CPU time as possible?

The load balancer component has 4 fields for each load balancer. I will explain them very briefly here.

The Update Interval is the default update interval for load balanced items.
    Auto Adjust enables the load balancer to dynamically adjust the max updates per frame and max update time in milliseconds per update such that all queued items will be evenly spread across the update interval.
    Max Updates Per Frame limits the amount of load balanced items that gets ticked per frame.
    Max Update Time in Milliseconds Per Update limits the amount of time, in milliseconds, that the load balancer may use per frame. I’m guessing this is the number you will want to decrease.

However, be aware that if you do not give the load balancer enough time, some load balanced tasks may not be carried out or may take an excessive amount of time to carry out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.