Improve Apex Utility AI to next level

• April 24, 2018 at 18:45 #23125
    optimisez
    Participant

Unity 2018 will have C# Job Sytem and ECS. Do u guys start working on improve Apex Utility AI performance to next level by using this 2 upcoming new features?

April 25, 2018 at 10:58 #23136
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Optimisez,

Thanks for posting.

We are currently not planning to implement new Unity features in Apex Utility AI.

April 25, 2018 at 11:09 #23142
    optimisez
    Participant

Hi Rami, why I suggest to rework Apex Utility AI internal core with C# Job System and ECS is because Apex Utility AI needs more performance that can support multi-core utilization and furthermore their upcoming Burst tech will help to generate extremely performant machine code for code that writing in C# Job System. So, it’s still keeping the current way to implement AI but the core integrates with C# Job System and ECS to make it more performant so we can scale the AI to next level. I really hope you guys can implement it.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by optimisez.
    April 25, 2018 at 11:57 #23148
    Rami
    Keymaster

I understand the implications of it – thanks for explaining it anyway. We are aware that possibly considerable performance gains could be achieved. However, it has turned out that it is not currently economically viable for us to continue the required degree of development on Apex Utility to achieve that. Until that changes, I’m afraid it is quite unlikely that we will spend the required time to do that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.