Face target Then Move.

• September 30, 2018 at 23:59 #23869
    chaosriftgames
    Participant

I’m buckling down with Apex Path. I’ve gotten it working “good enough” that I can start getting serious with it. (Note I have ALL Apex software so a solution across the suite will work)

Firstly: If I set a goal behind the character, it instantly turns and goes. Slowing that down (reducing Rads/s) the character will start moving and start turning towards the character. This is not the behavior I want. I want the character to turn first, then when at a rough facing start running towards.

Part 2: Because I’m using humanoids I need to communicate the speed and angle to the animator so it will start running/strafing as needed. Following your mechanim tutorial with my model using Mixamo skeleton it’s jerky as heck. “Get/SetPrefered speed seems ok to work with mechanim, but as you said in another thread “if running against a wall it’s still report speed 3”. Has there been a fix/workaround since that thread?

October 1, 2018 at 10:01 #23880
    Geminior
    Keymaster

@1: Please have a look at this post.

@2: You can use the actual speed property instead. In general there is no special support for Mecanim, our example simply shows a way to pass on example information to a state machine. What information you pass is entirely up to you, so you don’t have to rely on information already available in Apex Path. You can always create a custom IMoveUnits implementation to control locomotion, and have that pass whatever is needed to Mecanim.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.