Device build on IOS fails when APEX : An asset is marked with HideFlags.DontSave

• August 25, 2016 at 14:08 #13985
    Juise
    Participant

When making IOS build of our project I get this:

An asset is marked with HideFlags.DontSave but is included in the build:
    Asset: ‘Resources/unity_builtin_extra’
    (You are probably referencing internal Unity data in your build.)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()
    Building – Failed to write file: globalgamemanagers.assets
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Same project without Apex plugin and it´s usage compiles fine.

Any ideas?

August 25, 2016 at 14:11 #13987
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Juise,

That’s odd! I literally just saw the exact same issue in some internal work I’m doing.

This issue has nothing to do with Apex as far as I can see, and the fix for me was simply to “Reimport All” in Unity.

I found these posts: 1, 2 and 3.

It seems that people have discovered different solutions, but for me it was enough to reimport the library, as mentioned.

August 26, 2016 at 10:46 #14016
    Juise
    Participant

Thanks! Just works :)

November 11, 2016 at 02:51 #16316
    Anders
    Participant

What was the solution to this?

Is it sure it has nothing to do with Apex AI.
    I hade never seen the problem before I added Apex AI to my project.
    ReImport All fixes it for some time, after building a couple of times it returns.

November 11, 2016 at 09:48 #16320
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Anders,

Since the original post in this thread I have not seen or heard anyone experience this issue while using Apex Path, Steer and/or Utility AI, so my conclusion remains the same – that the issue is caused by Unity failing somehow.

Do you see a different exception/error message than the original poster shared here?

November 11, 2016 at 09:56 #16322
    Juise
    Participant

For me Re-import fixed it, haven´t seen the problem since.

May 8, 2017 at 03:27 #20576
    jtaniguchi
    Participant

Hello,

I really like this AI system so far, but I am also experiencing the same problem as the OP. I have never run into this HideFlags problem before, but as soon as I import Apex Utility Ai into a project the build runs into those errors.

The solutions above don’t work. The errors go away when I delete Apex Utility Ai from my project.

The link.xml file was added. I’m using Unity 5.6, building to iOS. All other projects settings are pretty default at the moment.

May 8, 2017 at 10:55 #20579
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Jtaniguchi,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately it is a hard to debug issue, we are not sure what is causing it exactly and we don’t have the possibility for building to iOS ourselves, currently.

One workaround that has worked for me in the past was to make sure the AI Editor window is closed, then restart Unity and try to rebuild after reopening Unity. This worked for WebGL and Android in an earlier project, also Unity 5.6.

May 11, 2017 at 03:34 #20651
    jtaniguchi
    Participant

Thanks for the response, Rami.

I found a fix that works for me. Restart Unity and then don’t replace an existing build folder, create a new one.

May 11, 2017 at 09:59 #20653
    Rami
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that you found a workaround. Hopefully Unity will provide a fix for this soon!

June 22, 2017 at 02:01 #21116
    Ali
    Participant

Been having this issue for a while now and could never pinpoint what it was. Thank you for the workaround Rami!

July 5, 2017 at 06:23 #21241
    DenisV
    Participant

Wow! Spooky! Thanks Rami.
    I ‘ve been up all night trying to figure it out, the sun is now rising.
    I’m going to bed happy. The problem is definitely with Ai, even if remotely caused by Unity.

July 5, 2017 at 16:24 #21251
    DenisV
    Participant

Though i’m not saying you should do something about it as it happens with other assets too.
    In fact you should NOT try to fix it except from upping the problem for Unity to fix it.
    It does not alter production in anyway once you know the trick, i’ll probably would have found
    it myself but when..the great thing about this situation is that you provide a quick and reliable alternative,
    but who are you exactly Rami, what is your assignation in Apex, troubles fixer ?
    😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.