Connect Grid

• April 3, 2018 at 15:09 #23034
    ariklmr
    Participant

Hi There are some grids that i cant connect for a some reason.

I checked the Automatic Initializer on them but are there any restrictions? do they must be on the same height? or what should be the distance between them and its correlation with the Grid Connector Width parameter?

Thanks

April 3, 2018 at 15:16 #23036
    ariklmr
    Participant

i mean i checked Automatic Connector of course

April 5, 2018 at 09:23 #23043
    Geminior
    Keymaster

Grids will only connect to adjacent grids. They don’t need to be perfectly aligned, as long as part of their respective edges, e.g. left and right edge are adjacent.
    The same holds true for the y-axis, so if there is no vertical overlap of edges, the grids will not connect.
    Think of the grid as a cube, defined by its bounds, cubes that have partially adjacent sides will connect.

Additionally a grid must be within Grid Connector Width of another grid for them to connect.

This only applies to auto connect. You can connect portals manually without the above restrictions.

April 5, 2018 at 09:46 #23046
    ariklmr
    Participant

so they actually need to touch each other? if so then what value is better to have in Grid Connector Width?

April 5, 2018 at 16:15 #23048
    Geminior
    Keymaster

No they don’t have to touch. If Grid Connector Width is 10 the other grid must be within 10 meters in planar measurement.
    However since the Grid Connector Width also controls the actual width of the portal, i.e. how many cells are covered, that needs to be taken into consideration.

So generally you will likely want the grids very close to each other if you want to use auto connect. The feature was made with grid matrices in mind.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Geminior.
    April 5, 2018 at 16:59 #23051
    ariklmr
    Participant

sorry didnt got it.
    if i have 2 grids with lets say 10*10 each and they distance between them is 3 metters. what value should i enter?

April 5, 2018 at 17:48 #23053
    Geminior
    Keymaster

Then it should be more than three meters.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.