Assembly definition files Unity 2017.3

• January 10, 2018 at 20:03 #22627
    icepick912
    Participant

icepick912 said: ↑

Trying to use UtilityAI with the assembly definitions used in unity 2017.3.0f3 but the editor cant find any actions or qualifiers within the separate assemblies. Tried moving the binaries around a bit to get them to see, but i suspect that moving binaries into an assembly defined folder has no effect. Been using UtilityAI and my scripts for it in the plugins folder to separate it from my assembly defined compilation to still gain the benefit of compile time reduction. However being able to use the definition files would be preferable, now that i use the definition files, i want all my pretty assemblies to have pretty names.

Maybe i am just missing something.

Was referring to the unity definition files, the documentation says that this is not an assembly build system. So i don’t believe i can use assembly declaration attributes.

January 10, 2018 at 22:08 #22629
    Geminior
    Keymaster

It says that assembly definitions are not build scripts. That is not relevant to this issue.

Just place an AssemblyInfo.cs (or whatever you want to call it) file in each of the folders that have an assembly definition and it will apply to that assembly.

In the AssemblyInfo you put whatever assembly level attributes you want, including the ApexRelevantAssemblyAttribute.

[assembly: Apex.ApexRelevantAssembly]

January 14, 2018 at 01:32 #22636
    gorgor
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem. Once I used new Assembly Definition Files my UtilityAI editor lost all knowledge about my AI scripts (actions, scorers, etc..)
    Maybe I am dumb, but the reply here was absolutely no help. Can someone from APEX please let us know how to handle the new .asmdef to work with UtilityAI properly?
    Thanks

January 15, 2018 at 10:38 #22638
    Geminior
    Keymaster

I’ll pin it out a bit more.

1. In each folder with a .asmdef file, add a new AssemblyInfo.cs.

2. The contents of that file should be

[assembly: Apex.ApexRelevantAssembly]

3. Trigger a recompile in Unity so the assemblies are rebuilt

4. Repair the AIs Tools -> Apex -> AI Repair

That is it.

Please note that there is no explicit support for this new feature in Unity, so if the steps above don’t work, it will not be possible to use Assembly Definition Files with Apex Utility AI.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.