March 2, 2015 at 18:03 #1970Morten ReinholdtKeymaster
- A new Upgrade Scene menu item is available, which will upgrade scenes made with older versions of Apex Path to this version, adding and replacing components.
- Unit interaction is now done through a IUnitFacade, please watch the tutorial videos for details.
- Added a UnitsSelectedMessage, which will be posted when units are selected.
- The height navigation options are now set per scene or per unit instead of per grid, through the new Navigation Settings component available on the Game World.
Height sampling and navigation now provides 4 options. Generating and using a height map or no height at all are still present.
New are ray cast and sphere cast. Both new options do not generate a height map and hence take no memory for this, instead they do real time height sampling.
- Grouping of units via selection or otherwise has changed completely, see the tutorial videos for details.
- All Apex Components are now consolidated by the Component Master, to reduce component clutter.
- Unity 5.0 support
- The ZeroHeightMap now returns negative infinity instead of pos.y when sampling a position, since a zero height map represents no height.
- Moved various path finder settings to its own component which is shared among those that use it.
- Grids now have an option to select the method used to detect terrain and obstacles, this is mainly due to a Unity bug where the default CheckCapsule will fail in certain scenarios.
- All registered units in a scene can be retrieved via the GameStateManager (through GameServices)
- Various extension to existing data structures and a couple of new ones.
- Numerous tweaks to existing components.
- Steering has changed completely, watch the tutorial videos for details.
- The INeedPath interface now only requires a single method to be implemented. All unit related data is passed to the request by way of the ‘requesterProperties’.
- The CallbackPathRequest constructor no longer requires unit data such as radius and attributes, these are contained in the new required ‘requesterProperties’ property.
- The path finder options of a path request are now consolidated in the pathFinderOptions property
- Removed the speed index property from the HumanoidSpeedComponent since it is not an optimal way to control animations as it does not reflect the actual speed of a unit.
- Off Grid Navigation is no longer an option since it works poorly with groups and is just generally not useful.
- Fixed yet another bug with WP8 and WinRT
There a are a few issues with height navigation, mainly to do with box collider units and aligning with elevation.
Units also do not stick perfectly to the ground on slopes.
- The documentation is not fully up to date.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.