August 19, 2014 at 11:15 #1118Morten ReinholdtKeymaster
Apex Path 1.2 RELEASED
- The Grid visualizer will now perform far better. It will now only draw the grid when within a configurable zoom level.
- Portals now come in two flavors, shortcuts and connectors. Shortcuts are portals such as teleporters that could provide a shortcut to the unit, while connectors simply connect with each other without being seen as shortcuts.
The difference is that shortcut portals have a rather heavy cost with regards to path finding, whereas connectors have no cost. A video explaining this will be released soon.
- Added a Stop method to the IMovingObject interface.
- Cell size is now a float.
- The IMovable interface now has a MoveAlong(path) method which can be used to feed a path directly to the unit.
- The cell’s isPermanentlyBlocked property is now public.
- The patrol behavior now has an option to visit patrol points at random.
- The default input receiver now also works on Mac. You should still replace it with your own though.
- The CharacterControllerMover is now included by default and will be used automatically for locomotion of units with a CharacterController.
- The example class is still there as a reference for overriding locomotion.
- The cut corners setting on the Path Service has moved to the Steer for Path component to allow per unit basis settings of this value.
- New option to prevent off-grid navigation, this will force unit to move only on grids and they will only be able to move between grids using connector portals.
- New option to make units move to the closest possible location if the actual destination is blocked or otherwise inaccessible.
- New option to send out an announcement for every node reached along a path.
- First iteration on improving the Inspector editors for the various components. This have caused some properties to appear in a different order than before.
- Added a tool window under the Windows menu. Apex Path – Grid Field will allow for easy creating of a field consisting of multiple stitched together grids.
- The ‘Use Path Smooting’ property on the Steer for Path component had its typo corrected to ‘Use Path Smoothing’.
- So if you disabled path smoothing, you will have to do so again, sorry.
- The enum SlowingAlgortim and the Steer for Path property Slowing Algoritm also had their typos fixed, so if you made changes here, you will have to do them again, sorry.
- Selecting units at various heights should now work properly.
- Adding a portal now properly places it in relation to its game object.
- The path visualizer no longer incorrectly shows an extra intermittent node in connection with portals.
- A number of minor bugs.
- We wanted to improve the memory footprint of the grid height map. This proved to be a tougher challenge than initially assumed, so we have delayed that to a later update.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.