AI's failing to load on different machine

• September 1, 2018 at 09:46 #23687
    James
    Participant

Apologies if this has been asked before. I can’t find it.

Every time I switch machines, my AIs do not appear in the AI Editor. The .asset files are still present in the Asset/Resources/ApexAIStorage folder (along with the .asset.meta files).

On further investigation, it seems that the problem is the m_Script guid: field in the .asset files. If I create a new AI, it has a different GUID. If I copy that new GUID to the disappearing AI .asset file, the AI will appear in the AI Editor the next time I open Unity. This GUID seems to be related to the Library/metadata file that corresponds to the the ApexAI.dll. I am presuming that this GUID is different on different machines and hence the problem.

Am I doing something wrong? Should Apex Utility AI work on multiple machines? Manually updating this GUID on different dev machines is going to be unworkable.

September 3, 2018 at 11:12 #23697
    Geminior
    Keymaster

If you don’t add meta files to source control along with everything else and let Unity generate new metas for the dlls, it won’t load assets created with another meta.
    This is a Unity ‘feature’ and applies to meta files in general. Always source control metas.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.