AI and Path, wander example :: InvalidCastException

• July 14, 2017 at 07:10 #21354
    Linus
    Participant

What am I missing, following the guide at http://apexgametools.com/learn/apex-utility-ai-documentation/apex-utility-ai-getting-started/apex-utility-ai-getting-started-demo-05/

and get this error

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    Apex.AI.ActionBase`1[TContext].Apex.AI.IAction.Execute (IAIContext context) (at c:/Development/Apex Applications/ApexGameTools/Source/ApexAI/ApexAI/Core/ActionBaseOfT.cs:20)
    Apex.AI.Components.UtilityAIClient.Execute () (at c:/Development/Apex Applications/ApexGameTools/Source/ApexAI/ApexAI/Components/UtilityAIClient.cs:188)
    Apex.AI.Components.LoadBalancedUtilityAIClient.Apex.LoadBalancing.ILoadBalanced.ExecuteUpdate (Single deltaTime, Single nextInterval) (at c:/Development/Apex Applications/ApexGameTools/Source/ApexAI/ApexAI/Components/LoadBalancedUtilityAIClient.cs:185)
    Apex.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancedQueue.Update () (at c:/Development/Apex Applications/ApexGameTools/Source/ApexShared/ApexShared/LoadBalancing/LoadBalancedQueue.cs:262)
    Apex.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancerComponent.Update () (at c:/Development/Apex Applications/ApexGameTools/Source/ApexShared/ApexShared/LoadBalancing/LoadBalancerComponent.cs:74)

July 14, 2017 at 08:50 #21356
    Linus
    Participant

I found the problem, it was between the char and the keyboard.

Misspelled a file name, and I used the wrong ContextProvider. Using the one from the demo project worked.

July 14, 2017 at 10:06 #21359
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Linus,

Thanks for your posts.

Glad to hear that you found the solution to your issue. I hope you enjoy using our product(s).

July 14, 2017 at 23:50 #21368
    Linus
    Participant

Yeah seems great so far. Still learning it, but will most defenitly subscribe or get personal edition of AI Utility as well

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.