3D steering on mobile with hundreds of units

• November 2, 2015 at 19:15 #2839
    Sonny Alves Dias
    Participant

Hi,

Well my title is simple, I just wanted to know if Apex Steer was able to handle 3D Steering (not on a plane) with hundreds of units on Android or iOS?

Cheers.

November 3, 2015 at 02:58 #2863
    Geminior
    Keymaster

I am afraid we do not support 3D, only navigation on the xz-plane is supported.
    Of course this does include handling height differences, e.g. moving up and down slopes etc. but actual 3D such as being able to navigate around obstacles in 3D space for e.g. flying is not supported.

August 10, 2016 at 18:30 #13574
    Novack
    Participant

Apologies for reviving this old thread, but I’m also interested on this, and would like to know if any other APEX tool does suport 3D steering, navigation, avoidance, etc.

Thanks!

August 11, 2016 at 10:01 #13590
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Novack,

We still do not support true 3D steering through any of our products currently. We have discussed it internally, and we would like to make a tool for 3D steering, but I cannot say when or if such a product will ever see the light of day.

August 11, 2016 at 15:29 #13600
    Novack
    Participant

Thank you.

December 13, 2016 at 17:01 #17017
    uncasid
    Participant

Resurrecting again.

Do you have any plans to implement for full 3d? I purchased your entire set with the thought that it supported it, you need to clarify this on the asset store. At the moment I am feeling duped

December 14, 2016 at 11:01 #17020
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Uncasid,

Thanks for posting.

I’m sorry to hear that you are feeling duped. That is obviously not our intention.

Unfortunately, Apex Path still has no support for real full 3D. It is a 2.5D solution with movement along X-Z axes and using the Y-axis for height only.

If you purchased the asset with the expectation that it was full 3D, please send us an email to support{at}apexgametools.com and I’m sure we can work something out together.

I have logged a task in our backlog concerning making this more clear on the Asset Store page.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.