2018.1 multithreading

• May 3, 2018 at 09:12 #23203
    DankoDonny
    Participant

Will we see any improvements to the path finding with any of the new features in 2018?

May 3, 2018 at 10:44 #23207
    Rami
    Keymaster

Hi Dankodonny,

Thanks for posting.

Currently we are not planning any major update of Apex products. Refactoring all the code to run within the new ECS and using Jobs would be a major task that could take a long time, considering that we need to keep the products generic, easy-to-use and with a wide range of applications.

Apex Path ships with full source code, so you can technically attempt to rewrite this yourself if you have the time.

May 3, 2018 at 21:24 #23213
    DankoDonny
    Participant

Moving forward should we not be expecting anything from this asset? I’ve already ate the cost of the Utility AI and I’m worried I’ll have to do the same for apex path. A* path finding project is on sale and has had constant updates so I will most likely be switching to that if I can’t get any reassurance that this isn’t a dead product.

May 4, 2018 at 11:07 #23215
    Geminior
    Keymaster

We still support the product, but we are not developing new features.
    There are a number for reasons for that, which include:
    – The number of extension points and configuration options is already on the heavy side.
    – The Asset Store is not economically viable, as it is low price low volume.

Integrating the new job features of 2018 would practically be a complete rewrite, which would make no sense at all for us, unfortunately.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.