Apex Path V2.0
- A new Upgrade Scene menu item is available, which will upgrade scenes made with older versions of Apex Path to this version, adding and replacing components.
- Unit interaction is now done through a IUnitFacade, please watch the tutorial videos for details.
- Added a UnitsSelectedMessage, which will be posted when units are selected.
- The height navigation options are now set per scene or per unit instead of per grid, through the new Navigation Settings component available on the Game World.
- Height sampling and navigation now provides 4 options. Generating and using a height map or no height at all are still present.
New are ray cast and sphere cast. Both new options do not generate a height map and hence take no memory for this, instead they do real time height sampling.
- Grouping of units via selection or otherwise has changed completely, see the tutorial videos for details.
- All Apex Components are now consolidated by the Component Master, to reduce component clutter.
- Unity 5.0 support
- The ZeroHeightMap now returns negative infinity instead of pos.y when sampling a position, since a zero height map represents no height.
- Moved various path finder settings to its own component which is shared among those that use it.
- Grids now have an option to select the method used to detect terrain and obstacles, this is mainly due to a Unity bug where the default CheckCapsule will fail in certain scenarios.
- All registered units in a scene can be retrieved via the GameStateManager (through GameServices)
- Various extension to existing data structures and a couple of new ones.
- Numerous tweaks to existing components.
- Steering has changed completely, watch the tutorial videos for details.
- The INeedPath interface now only requires a single method to be implemented. All unit related data is passed to the request by way of the ‘requesterProperties’.
- The CallbackPathRequest constructor no longer requires unit data such as radius and attributes, these are contained in the new required ‘requesterProperties’ property.
- The path finder options of a path request are now consolidated in the pathFinderOptions property
- Removed the speed index property from the HumanoidSpeedComponent since it is not an optimal way to control animations as it does not reflect the actual speed of a unit.
- Off Grid Navigation is no longer an option since it works poorly with groups and is just generally not useful.
- Fixed yet another bug with WP8 and WinRT
- There a are a few issues with height navigation, mainly to do with box collider units and aligning with elevation.
Units also do not stick perfectly to the ground on slopes.